The North Pacific Wire

Monday, August 08, 2005

Interview with Romanoffia

Well even though voting is over, here is another interview with Romanoffia, (un-opposed) candidate for the Speaker of The Regional Assembly.

* How long have you been playing Nationstates?


I’ve been playing off and on almost as long as the game has been in existence in various ‘incarnations’ (pun intended). My original nation I let expire a couple of years ago. It was only in the past two that I became active in playing the game full tilt.


* When did you join TNP, and when did you become involved in TNP politics?

I’ve been in TNP since just before the Great Bight incident with a nation that was founded in TNP. What really got me involved was when my nation of “Romanoffia” was ejected by Great Bight for no reason whatsoever. It was then that I decided that I was going to remain in TNP no matter what it took. My current nation of “Novare Res” was created at the very beginning of the Great Bight incident as a means of maintaining my presence in TNP during that conflict. I became regularly active in TNP government during the Pixiedance era.


* Why did you decide to run for Speaker of The Regional Assembly?

Speaker of the RA is a brand new position, so to say. I view it as an opportunity to help define the position of Speaker and lay the ground work for future speakers to build upon.


* What will be your main goal if elected?

My main goal will be to promote the smooth functioning of the Regional Assembly and to provide assistance in the legislative process by applying my RL legislative experience. I also want to promote an efficient and civil legislative process in which everyone has the opportunity to have input into that process. I would like to see the number of nations actively participating in the RA be over the 100 member mark, at least. The more members there are in the RA, the more stable the legislative process will be. The more RA members we have actively participating, the more accurate any consensus that will be attained.


* Now off topic a bit; Who do you think are the top 5 most influential players in Nationstates? They can be from any region.

That’s a tough question. There are so many influential players out there that it’s difficult to boil the number down to just five. So, off the top of my head, I’ll run off the top five that I think are going to play major roles in the future.

Thel
Grossenschnauzer
Tresville
Flemingovia
Great Bights Mum

and many more!


The total list I would have would probably contain about 50 players, almost all of which are active in The North Pacific. I would have on that list everyone that was involved actively in the Constitutional Convention and the NPC government who made everything come together.

The fact that there are so many players out there that I would call influential is a good sign for the region because this means that we are going to have a great number of active players instead of most players just sitting back and watching.



* And one last question, what is the main reason you think you would be a good Speaker of The Regional Assembly?

I think my RL experience with legislative processes and my ability to take a consensus so that solid compromise can be attained makes me the perfect candidate for the position. I understand how legislation is constructed and how to make sure that it doesn’t have the propensity or opportunity to conflict with constitutional issues. I am inclined to take the position of a ‘strict constructionalist’ insofar as I tend to take a more literal view as to the letter of the word of the Constitution. As such, I hold the position that a Constitution is not something to be legislated around, but rather to be supported by legislation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home