The North Pacific Wire

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Prime Minister Tresville representin'!


I recently had the opportunity to have a chat with Tresville, our Prime Minist
er. He is running for a second term and thusly he gets an interview! It was quite a challenge to find the time to interview him, he has been as busy as ever helping The North Pacific. My thanks to both him and Ator People who was coauthor of this interview. And good luck to Tresville in the election!


When did you first start playing NationStates?

December 03...between Dec. 10 and the 18th I believe.


When did you first join TNP and when did you become active in TNP politics?


My nation was born in TNP (check dates above).....I joined the forum a few days later. It was very inactive and had no real Government structure at the time. Twoslit pretty much chose who held what positions then...weren't many I believe...Blackshear was head of the Diplomatic corps...Ananke was head of the Army. I really became active in the politics when members started asking for a more democratic structure. I helped to organize the First Gov structure by collecting the various ideas that members had...ran a poll...majority rules and all that....then Twoslit did what he wanted and set up the Gov how he liked. Really ticked me off....it was the first public service that I did for the region...spent a lot of time on it....to be ignored and pushed aside like that...really made me feel left out...what made it worse was that no one but me said this publically....sure I received Pm's about it...but that's it.


Why did you decide to run for the position of Prime Minister?


Well, the first time...it was more like a natural progression. Since, I had lead the reorganization of the North Pacific Underground and kept our diplomatic corps and the NPA alive....it was just the right fit at the time. I decided to run now because I would like to finish...what WE started. I think we need a familiar name running the gov that can make the current transition easier.


If re-elected Prime Minister, what do you plan to do first?


Wow.... there is so much....well...I would really like to sit down with the Elected Ministers and forum admins and reorganize the forum...make it easier for newcomers to navigate. I was lost when I got to s2 (The Original North Pacific Forum) as well...I know how it feels....its overwhelming to see so many topics and threads...u don't know where u should post first..or where to post at all and with such a large community of members that know each other...you tend to feel like an outcast...like u don't belong. Its a problem we have always had.

I would like to really have a sit down with Twoslit...the Root Admin...and hash out some rules or at least put in writing how to moderate properly in respect to Government issues and TOS offenders. With the Regional Assembly, Registered Voters and the cabinet present to voice their opinions. We really need to make sure that S2 doesn't get shut down...we need to make sure that it remains a place that people feel free instead of restricted. I would like to actually have a separate forum for the Government...since most of the Flaimbaiting and Spamming actually takes place in Gov related topics and threads. In my opinion ....It would make s2 enjoyable to the community as a whole...we can redirect everyone to the gov forum in s2...so a second URL in the WFE wouldn't be necessary. Too many Veteran members have left s2 because of the bickering and fighting...too many newbies have been pushed away because of it...in a game where active members are a regions life blood...we cannot afford to continue doing that. However..in s11 I got many negative responses to this suggestion...many felt I was trying to undermine S2 (IMHO)..which really isn't what I want. It will be up to the Regional Assembly if this actually happens....we will soon see.

The NPA has always been my reason for being active in the region....so I would like to work with the elected Minister in restructuring it...perhaps taking a page out of the West Pacs Army and having an Auxiliary branch. This way less active Army members can still participate. I have many other ideas that I won't get into now.

If Blackshear Wins in the election...I will be so relieved ....it means I don't have to worry about the Diplomatic corps...I can just be a regular member. I would like to work with him in reopening relations with all NON INVADER regions. We have less external enemies now than we have ever had (least while I have been in the NP)...we should keep it that way for a while.

Hopefully, we can find more writers and editors for the NP Wire. I am glad both you guys (Democratic Donkeys and Ator People) have helped Heft and myself keep it alive. Hopefully, we can work together and make a real structure for the Wire...with editors, writers, etc etc. I started the Wire to help keep S2 active during the Pixiedance Reign, to let our friends in other regions know what's happening in the NP and to inform our citizens of what's going on outside of the NP as well. I hope we can continue this.

I believe the Diplomatic Corps, NPA, RA and The NP Wire are our best tools in making the region great again....we need to recarve the North Pacific Identity and stray from getting involved in External Political Conflicts. That has been our problem for too long....since I arrived in the region we have been either part of this group..or against that group...we need to be for ourselves for a while...secure our homeland before we go out trying to secure democracy and freedom everywhere else in NS.


What do you think is the single greatest reason people should vote for you?


I pretty much have a hands on knowledge off all the Gov positions.. since at one point or another I was either part of it... or ran it. No disrespect to any other candidates, citizens, ex or current Ministers....but I believe I have the knowledge, activity, connections and experience to do this job well.


How do you feel about the revised Constitution that was recently passed in TNP?


I feel that it has less loop holes than any other constitution we have had. It is long...yes... I know...its boring...yes I know...language is hard to understand...believe me...I KNOW!! Gross, Hersfold and Pulpphenom are my Translators and lawyers...lol....I wouldn't be able to navigate the thing without their posts and insight. But those are complaints that we always get...its like....people want a simple democratic Gov...without the loopholes and abuses....u can't get that with a simple constitution. It will always be abused and bent to suit the needs of those in power. With a well structured, specific yet adjustable constitution...we can have checks and balances ... it gives the people more power...and can be changed according to what is needed. It has stipulations that allow it to grow...and face any obstacles that the Government may have. After I leave office...I don't want to read the thing again!!! But I will sleep well knowing its there!!


What's your favorite food?


Eh....Mcdonalds!!! lol I love Platanos as well...I'm American born but half Dominican...its something Dominicans eat...their are even chips that u can find in the supermarket and grocery store near u!!


Do you believe in heaven?


I'm Catholic...So Yes.


Where do you see yourself in ten years?


Owning various strip clubs, pool halls, property in New York City...3 homes....5 cars...4 dogs...3 kids...one ehh... wife. Traveling a bit...visiting my NS friends...See u soon Thel, Eras!! Living it up NYC style...BX baby Holla!!! I'd like to give a shout out to......Just kidding!!


Why are we here?


To live...to live...so go do it!!!


Any parting words for the readers?


Long Live The North Pacific...The largest and greatest region in NS!!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home