The North Pacific Wire

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Interviews with Candidates for Minister of Arts and Entertainment

Well elections begin tomorrow, so I decided to kick off election week with an interview with each of the candidates running for the position of Minister of Arts and Entertainment.

Black = Ator People
Green = James2Spooky
Blue = Democratic Donkeys

How long have you been playing Nationstates?

I created my first nation called Peaceful Malaysia on March 2004. That time I have also created an account in TNP forum but didn't take part in the activities of the forum.

I've been playing for a little less than two years. From November last year till may this year i've been without a computer. So not quite as impressive as it sounds. I tend to make up for it by being very vocal.

When did you join TNP and when did you become active in TNP regional politics?

Fortunately, the server dropped my nation onto TNP and from then on I am stick with TNP. Later I also created a few more nations and moved to certain regions.

Whew, I think that (TNP Regional Politics) would have to be when UPS Rail came along. One of those UN delegates not remembered fondly. You'd have to go ask Poe. But I distinctly remember helping organize and carry out the first unendorsement campaign. Sending hundreds of telegrams made it very memorable indeed. I joined the region last year when I left the ADN, this place rocks as a retirement center.

Why did you decide to run for Minister of Arts and Entertainment?

The Ministry of Arts and Entertainment forum category is the main attraction of the forum. I would like to be able to maintain the condition and the good-looking of it and try to improve it. Furthermore, I am always in the forum. Other than that, I would want to make sure no one post something that is against the forum rules or that is dissent with the constitution.

Because it's what I fell in love with when I came here. I wanted to do as much as I could to make sure it kept the same appeal as it had for me when I first came here.

What is your favorite part of the Ministry of Arts and Entertainment?

The favourite part...well, I like to see the many forum members spend their time at the same place together, sharing their interests and thoughts. That's what the Ministry of Arts and Entertainment forum category's main purpose.

Fun and friendly banter! I love the conversations we have in the OOC. Plus politics is not part of it!

Do you have any major plans (changes) for the Ministry if you are elected?

Yes, of course I do. Since I became the (previous) Minister of Arts and Entertainment, I have something planned on hand. As most forum members noticed that the Out of Character subforum has many topics while the Role-Play and Games & Arts subforums only have 100+ topics. Therefore, I am currently woring on balancing these 3 subforums. Other than that, I was planning to organize some events to let the forum members enjoy their time during the events. However, during the past 3 months I was holding this position I couldn't do much because in the beginning TNP was not in a good mood.



Nothing drastic planned. It will be my job to help the ministry evolve to continue to meet the fun needs of everyone. Also to keep the place appealing. The whole forum dies when the OOC dies. I've seen it happen.

What is the main reason people should vote for you?

Plain simple - I would like to continue serving TNP as the Minister of Arts and Entertainment. Although I am not as good as the others, but I have the spirit of not giving up, the guts to try and experience.

The main reason they should vote for me is that they feel that I will be able to continue to make the Ministry of Arts and Entertainment a fun and inviting place.


Thank you both for your interview!

*Though these interviews were taken seperately, I have placed them together because they were both asked the same questions.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home