The North Pacific Wire

Friday, May 27, 2005

Interview with the Minister, of Arts and Entertainment!

As I was probing the depths of MSN messenger tonight I spotted a rare Ministerial specimen. A "spooky james", which may be too spooky for the faint of heart. Some might call it "James2spooky!" but those people need a grammar lesson. Regardless, I found him to be less than spooky. Instead what I found was a citizen who has a deep love for The North Pacific...


It's about time. You don't keep a reporter waiting!
Oh, I was stuck in the traffic jam in TNP forum, lol

Now I have to tell you...I don't do normal interviews
Special interviewer for special guy like me, haha

Yes, exactly...Ok, so I suppose we'll start with you...Who are you outside of NS and what is your favorite thing to do?
My name is Lok, James Lok. On my free time, I usually play chess and tennis, online chatting, online gaming, collecting stamps and girl's pictures. Other than those, I also like to listen to the muzic, watch movies, etc...
I'm like any other teenager out there. My school result, is not bad. In fact, I failed only a couple of times and I hope it will stay as few as possible!

Now when you say girls pictures....?
Girl's pictures...for example, japanese, korean, dutch, russian, american, australian, etc. Some of them are collected over the Internet, while some of them were asked from my MSN contacts ^_^

The various faces of the world eh? Any one that you truly treasure?
See that in my picture? That's my dream girl...however, she is a Hong Kong movie star, so I don't think I have a chance anyway. I have another girl who I fall in love with now. Her name is Felicia Choong. I don't know whether she likes me or not cause I don't have the couragement to ask her to be my girlfriend, yet

Ah, a situation many of us have faced. So you're in school. What year are you in right now?
Well, how do I put this. In Malaysia education system, we have primary school, secondary school (high school), college and university...I'm in the 5th year of the secondary school...that means 6 years + 5 years... 11th grade?

Sounds good, so for all us americans you are a junior. Which is coincidental, it is the year in school where I discovered NationStates. Ok, so, you're the Minister of Arts and Entertainment. Do you enjoy the job? Did you find it daunting to take on a role previously occupied by Spam Monarchs such as Poe and myself?
Well, I definitely enjoy the job. I don't know how long will I keep that job since TNP is changing now...Why I like my job as the Minister of Arts and Entertainment? It is because I like the forum category so much that I would like to have control over it. HAHA, that's true. I don't mind who is the previous ministers of Arts and Entertainment. As long as I am the one, I will serve it no matter how hard, I just have to try!

You certainly exceed in my opinion! I'm sorry, succeed. Will you be running again if there are elections again?
I will definitely, but this time, the competition will be higher. Since many members of TNP had come back to the S2 (the current government forum), I must say my chance of becoming one is 1/100 which is 1%.

I rate your chances much higher than that!
Thank you...but even if the percentage is 0.000000000000000...1, I will still compete for that position

Tenacity is something you have in spades! Whether it's running the Min of A&E or running for delegate, you stick it through! While we're on the subject how did you feel about getting ejected?
Being ejected? well, my experience is definitely differs from the others. The first time I was ejected was when I "invaded" the TNP, PRP...oh, that was the most stupid thing I have done in NationStates. My feeling was definitely guilty afterall...and I left the NationStates for a couple of months. I was back to nationStates 3 months ago and found out Pixiedance is taking control, well it was always, just that the owner of the nation is another person. That's the time where my nation got rejected. I was uneasy on that.

Any plans for TNP delegate in the future? You have my endo.
Sure, I want to become TNP delegate, serving TNP as its delegate just for one day is enough for me! However, I'm not going to compete for that position this time around, as I know I lack the skill to stabilize TNP after all the mess created by Insane Legends(Insan Power) and Pixiedance, Moldavi, etc...

Your history has been quite amazing. At first you were viewed as an annoyance (by me even) then you were ejected, and now you're a beloved native. Any thoughts on that?
Beloved? I don't know...nobody tells me that! Oh, if I am, then I am glad they do love me. The reason I play NationStates since my day one, is to have fun and learn more about politic issues. I didn't ever think of joining the forum but now I am in the forum...yea, at the beginnings I was being quite annoying to everyone, cause I spam, and my english is not that good. However, I made some friends during this process and I love being one of TNP natives.

So do you think The North Pacific will survive?

Definitely, with the cooperation and strong will + relationship between TNP natives, I'm sure TNP will survive for the next hundred years (oh, Moldavi, your five years plan don't workout so well...but this hundred years will) unless NationStates is gone. I know I am not the only one who love TNP, many of the TNP members want it to be the greatest region in NationStates, that's for sure!

We are the greatest region! So now that the serious stuff is done how about some silly questions? If you could be any animal what would it be?
Pig! funny, isn't it? I hope I am as dumb as a pig, cause they look cute and they don't need to worry anything since they are not able to think too much, haha. My 2nd selection is to be a Dragon, a legendary animal. Why? Not only because my zodiac is Dragon, but also because Dragon is a witty and powerful animal.

A pig? You do know that they become sausage and bacon? I could think of better ways for you to serve people than you with 2 eggs and a hashbrown.
Oh, I may sacrifice myself, even my life to make a few people survive in hunger...

Very noble of you! So yeah, continue doing what you do! You're a great contributor to The North Pacific (especially in regards to posts)! As a final thing, would you like to help me draw a picture to share with everyone?
Sure, why not?

Picture can be found here.


So there you have it folks! Quite a dedicated TNPer! I hope this article was informative and helped you better understand the driving force behind the Arts and Entertainment section. Without him what would we do, debate?


DD Signing off.

1 Comments:

  • haha, nice, nice ^^

    By the way, the weird-looking bird represents the Delegate (head) and all the nations (10 feathers, each represents 1,000 nations)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At May 27, 2005 5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home