The North Pacific Wire

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Interview with Candidate for Minister of Immigration and Internal Affairs

After the last day of voting comes to an end, here is another interview with Baribeau, the unopposed candidate for Minister of Immigration and Internal Affairs.

----------------------
When did you first start playing Nationstates?

One day after New Thyatira ... That equals out to early April of 2004. My XML feed says 484 days ago, but it can't be trusted.

When did you join TNP, and when did you first become active in TNP politics?

I was born in TNP, left, then came back last summer, when Great Bight was UN Delegate. I joined the forums a day or two later. I guess I got involved with politics right away, although not particularily heavily. Baribeau ceased to exist shortly after Sydia's delegacy began, and was revived in the beginning of Pixiedance's delegacy. I stayed in Lazarus for a couple weeks, then quickly came back to TNP, this time with more heavy participation.

You are running for Minister of Immigration and Internal Affairs. Why did you decide to run for this particular position?

I had originally intended on running for Minister of Defence, but I decided that Grimtash was more qualified. Unsure of where to turn, I was contacted my Tresville, who was curious if I was going to run for a cabinet position. By process of elimination, I decided that Immigration & Internal affairs is where I was most qualified, and would be most comfortable. I pretty much would've settled for anything but Deputy Minister of Culture & Education, though.

What do you think is the main thing that needs to be done in this branch of the cabinet (changes, etc.)? How do you plan to accomplish this if elected?

In my paranoia, I've convinced myself that the majority of the Registered Voters are puppets of people I don't like. I'd like to find the list, and smoke out the doubles. Then, I'd like to amend the constitution, placing a few more restrictions on voter registration, so that it is more difficult to infiltrate our region. Most notably, I want UN membership to be a RV requirement (though it wouldn't have to be in TNP), and I'd like to see a minimum number of posts (3 to 5 would be fine), before an application is accepted.

Oddly enough, I would also like to drastically increase the number of Registered Voters, get more people to come out for the Regional Assembly, and encourage new nations to become ambassadors. I'm crazy like that.

Election participation is something I'd like to focus on later in my term.

Now a little off-election-topic. Who do you think are the 5 most powerful nations in Nationstates? From any region.

Why does this always come up?

In no particular order, I'm gonna go with PopeHope, Thel D'Ran, Dilber, Tresville, Mammothstan and Sarda.

If you point out that I just listed 6 nations, you might get slapped.

You mentioned Pope Hope. Do you have any opinion about the ADN?

ADN = Alliance Defense Network.

I'm not a member. I don't want to be. However, I know tons of people that are, and I have enormous respect for most of them.

One final question. What is the main reason you think you would be a great Minister of Immigration and Internal Affairs (to get back on the election subject)?

Election Math

(Experience + Activity) * Baribeau + TNP = Awesomeness


Thanks for the interview, AP!

Thank you Baribeau!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home