The North Pacific Wire

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Comrade Delegate bares it all!



Hello one and all! Today marks the first day of the grand re-opening of the North Pacific Wire. While we begin to dust off and replace our sorely antiquated equipment, allow us to divert your attention to an interview with Chodean Kal--TNP's newly re-elected Delegate that many of us know better as Dalimbar.

Chodean Kal (CK/Dali) has been a long-time player in NationStates and has contributed to The North Pacific for many years. Let's see him in an exclusive interview with correspondent Monte Ozarka...


Monte Ozarka: So, Dali, I already know all (*winkwink* ;)) about you, but our readers may not. So, just start off by telling us a little bit about your NationStates history.
Chodean Kal/Dalimbar: Well, I started NationStates on July 19th, 2004, which is the day after my RL birthday. I don't remember which Pacific I was created in, as I left to go to the Allied States of EuroIslanders pretty much when I got a telegram from them. From then till September of last year I was a member of the Red Liberty Alliance, with my most senior position being Deputy Director of Red Liberty Alliance Intelligence. While I was a member of the ASE and RLA, I started doing numerous diplomatic assignments, including some to many of the Pacifics and high-ranking regions, which allowed me to gain better knowledge of the game in comparison to what I was told from the RLA elite.

I've also been the founder of the Allied Union of Nations under the nation Tulavar and have been involved with The North Pacific since the Pixiedance Era--firstly as an outsider trying to rid the region of the tyrants and then later on as a citizen. As you know, in TNP I've been Minister of Defence, Minister of External Affairs, and now Delegate.


MO: Wow, what a hunk! So well-travelled and well-spoken, too... *swoon* Anyways. Now, Dali, as we all know, this is your second term. Do you have any new plans for this term?
CK/Dali: Well, I have my sights set at getting to 500 endorsements this term. I want to work with the Government on integrating more of our region into our society, as well as continuing to work with members to keep our region safe from malicious threats that do pop up upon occasion. As you know, there isn't much I *can* do as Delegate, but I want to work within those boundaries to make our region the best it can be. :)


MO: A notable difference between this term and the last is that your Vice Delegate has changed. How do you forsee working with Haor Chall to be any different than with Zemnaya Svoboda?
CK/Dali: Haha, I never have a completely ridgid plan. So no, the change in the #2 position doesn't really affect me too much. I'm hopeful that Zemnaya Svoboda will maintain the #3 position, who as you know has more influence than the current Vice Delegate Haor Chall, and thus, the region will be harder to take out in the very remote chance that I'm overtaken by someone.


MO: As we all know, the elections have just recently ended, and we have a bevy of new Cabinet members eager to get things done. Do you have any plans to work with any specific ministries during this term?
CK/Dali: I want to work with the Ministry of Immigration and Internal Affairs and the Ministry of Communications on providing a stronger link between the government and the region, by providing the nations of our region information and news, along with encouraging them to become more productive members of our region by joining our offsite forum. With security, the Ministry of Defence, the Security Council and I will I am sure be meeting with each other, making sure that we together can keep our region safe and cozy.

In terms of foreign relations, I have been approached many times by foreign regions who wish to get to know TNP better. I will want to work with the Ministry of External Affairs on combining our efforts on that front for efficiency. Finally, Culture and the Arts are important to me this term, as we need to really develop a culture for ourselves besides one of bureaucracy and paper pushing. I want to talk to the Ministers of Arts and Entertainment, and Culture and Education on what they think could help improve our culture, and work from there.


MO: Last term, we saw the introduction of the Regional Task Force, and many ideas were presented all around, although activity was a bit low. How do you forsee trying to bring about actual, physical change with the RTF?
CK/Dali: It's a work in progress. While we have indeed started off a bit slow, with me going to have much more time this term due to the summer coming up and all, I'm going to be requesting more meetings to hash out ideas, and working to impliment them. Also, for the record, I will be announcing some structural changes within the next few days. These changes I believe can improve activity and efficiency :)


MO: Alright, enough with the serious questions. Pfft. Who cares about them? :P It's now time for a short lightning round of silly and pointless questions! Let's begin.

  • Favorite color?
    Forest green
  • Middle name?
    No comment. :P
  • Partypooper. :P Hottest celebrity?
    Me
  • You're damn right you are! *sizzles* Annnnd...your favorite Minister? (Hint: There is a right answer. :D)
    You, of course. :)

MO: Yay! :D
CK/Dali: Do I get a martini now?
MO: Sorry, I ran out of gin. :(
CK/Dali: You...are not my favorite now.
MO: :(


MO: Now that you have broken my heart, are there any parting thoughts that you'd like to leave off with?
CK/Dali: Besides the usual Delegate worship, I think all of us should sometimes relax and play the game as it should be played, instead of having a stick up some area I won't mention.




Well, there you go. Delegate Dalimbar spills it all (except for his middle name) and shows that he can be easily bribed with promises of martinis.

Thank you, Dalimbar, for your time. Thank you to our readers for reading. I hope you have appreciated this bit of insight into our awesome region's delegate. Good luck in your term, Dalimbar!

Good night!
~Monte Ozarka
Reporter for the North Pacific Wire


Dalimbar/Chodean Kal's contact info:
NS Nation: Chodean Kal
TNP Forum name: Dalimbar
AIM screenname: Dalimbar

Monte Ozarka's contact info:
NS Nation: Monte Ozarka
TNP Forum name: Monte Ozarka
AIM screenname: coffee8cups

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home