The North Pacific Wire

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Interview with Deikura:Candidate for Minister of Internal Affairs

I received a package in the mail the other day in regards to my request for an interview with Deikura, leadre of the Nation of Deikura. In the package I received travel instructions, a Press Pass and a note from Deikura, leader of the Nation of Deikura.

The note was blunt and to the point, as can be expected from Deikura. In it she gave a time for the interview and even added that she was, “Looking forward to the Opportunity to be able to address the public of The North Pacific.”

I arrived an hour early to the interview as was instructed in the note (I had to go through a few security checks). The Interview time was at 10pm at night...which I found strange but was not a bother since this is the time I do most of my work anyway.

I was driven by a Security guard to the Praetoral Embassy offices. I was glad the interview was to take place here and not somewhere else in the country, since only some parts of the nation have a power grid. The front lawn was beautiful and the grounds to the building were well kept. Their were fountains and sculptures decorating the various grassy areas and the building façade had a mixture of Roman and Gothic influence. Six 15 foot columns, with statues of deceased patrons of the country on top of them, rose upward on opposite sides of the steps leading to the building entrance. I slowly made my way to the large doors, where a guard was already waiting to lead me. I reached the office moments later and was greeted warmly by Deikura. We began the interview immediately after she answered a few questions about the various historical artifacts in her office.


__________________________________________________


Tresville:Hello Deikura...how are you this night?
Deikura:I'm doing quite well., Tresville.
Tresville:Thanks for granting me this interview...I’m sure you have a busy schedule, I appreciate it.
Deikura:Not a problem. The advantage to a pre-modern nation is that very few people are up at night, so I have plenty of time for appointments.

Tresville:So your leaving Democratic Donkeys shadow in the Ministry of Arts and Entertainment...why the sudden interest in a political bonfire that the Ministry Of Internal Affairs is?
Deikura:In all honesty, I wanted to get straight into the line of fire. Not to say that spamming over in OOC is boring me now, but you said yourself I wasn't involved enough. I think I decided to dive on in, finally.
Tresville:Well, you dove into the second toughest job in the Government...seems like you like a challenge.
Deikura:that’s an understatement. I love challenges. As to whether or not I will do a good job, only time will tell, but I suppose I can do no worse. Nothing against Baribeau, but the MIIA is not an office that can afford to be idle a day much less longer.

Tresville:Let me get some Rumors cleared up...I know you did this already in your post a few hours ago...do you mind if I ask you directly?
Deikura:Sure, go ahead.
Tresville:Ok...are you a man?
Tresville:Of course not. Though I doubt anything other me going to Southampton and exposing myself will clear it up for good.
Tresville:well if you do let me know..I'll bring my camera!! (Laughs)
Deikura:I'm sure there are many that would agree with you. I'd probably draw a huge crowd.

Tresville:this rumor is actually old...are you aware of where it began?
Deikura:Yes, actually. I looked back into my logs and found an instance where Silver Diamonds sent me a query. I'd already gone to bed but I'd left my client open. My ex-roomie, in her infinite stupidity, perpetuated a very old joke and gave whoever was on the other end (be it Cathyy or IP) the idea that I was not a man.
Tresville:Yes, that’s what my sources told me as well...supposedly its that and a lil more...something about a screen shot you sent with your Favorites folder being named after "Daniel's Start Page" or something like that.
Deikura:Yeah. My brother had this idea to make a start page that you have locally so you aren't using bandwidth just to open the browser. I based mine off his, and simply forgot to change the title, since it wasn't done.

I grew up quite masculine. Three brothers and one sister, me the oldest. I also tend toward liking weapons, melee and firearms alike. I like wrestling, and I tend to relate with guys a lot better.
Tresville:That’s what I figured, just thought you were a tough girl...especially since you tend to throw...em...Kunai's at me. (Laughs)
Deikura:Well, I know I tend toward the masculine, but it's no reason to make fun of me. Some have chosen to do so and if they want to make an enemy of me, that's their business. At least you're polite about it.

Tresville:Thanks..next rumor...are you an ADN spy?
Deikura:(laughs heartily) That one was so absurd I didn't know what to make of it. The simple answer is also no. I have a puppet in Nasi, but I'm not in Nasi-corps or the ADN. I choose regions because of their communities. Not their politics.
Tresville:I take it you don't know where this rumor originated?
Deikura:Not a clue there actually. Possibly my moving Kowaibikuta from the Pacific to Nasicournia. It wouldn't surprise me if this one originated with Ivan, but that's pure speculation.
Tresville:Actually I believe its because of your involvement with Stars and the Constitutional Referendum Forum that we had the convention in.
Deikura:Indeed, I once had that very same puppet in Stars.
Tresville:since you became known (in TNP) because of them..and Stars of Sky is generally viewed as a Hard Core ADNer (another rumor)...I believe that’s where the connection was made.
Deikura:I left after SoS and I had our little private falling out.
Tresville:I for one don't believe your AND. If you are your not a very good ADNer....lol
Deikura:I don't eat enough tacos for one. :P I do have relationships with ADN members, and acquaintance with PH, but no official relationship with the ADN itself, that one was an odd one.
Tresville:As do I...people just tend to classify you as ADN if you stand near a true ADN member...don't take offense..it will happen again I am sure!!

Tresville:lol...next Rumor..a more recent one...are you Romanoffias spy?
Deikura:Now I will admit, I've talked with Roman a bit and it's mostly been about keeping himself in check. I feel either he or Polts would make a passable at least PM, but Roman tends to overreact a bit.
Tresville:ok...I was unaware that you spoke to Roman often...and his overreacting is what makes him...Roman.
Deikura:Simply put, I don't spy for anyone but myself. I prefer to know what trash people are talking about me from behind my back.
Tresville:lol..well..Thats all the rumors I have heard...good to clear the air a bit..lets move on...

Deikura:Agreed, no need to dwell long on things just to discredit me.
Tresville:There are many issues you will have to face as Minister of Internal Affairs....I will touch on a few key ones...
Deikura:
Deikura:Feel free. I enjoy a good grilling.
Tresville:Raider RV's ..specifically raiders who battle the NPA often...with the prior rejections of Fedele and Blue Wolf II....would you uphold these rejections if they applied during your term?
Deikura:that’s something I've thought about quite a bit.
Tresville:ditto
Deikura:Mostly because it's going to be on my plate the moment I'm elected. I think I'd probably take a seat with the new PM and discuss it with him, then talk to BW and Fedele myself. Mostly, I feel as though the raider issue has been blown far out of proportion. As long as they aren't savvy to NPA movements, and their nation in the region is neither their main, nor the ones raiding, I don't see how such prohibition is enforceable. If they were here to disrupt the NPA for whatever reason, I doubt they'd be so open about their status.
Tresville:what about the reasoning...constitution wise...I mean it says right there that you can't take sides with any group which the NP is taking defensive or offensive action against...I'm not sure your new PM will be able to help you with that part. Those (Fedele and Bleu Wolf) two are openly saying they invade with Lone Wolves United...a group the NPA has battled.
Deikura:That, I think is a blurring of the lines between player and nation. IC and OOC. I admit the line is fine, but it must be drawn somewhere.
Tresville:I believe their 1 and 2 in the chain of command at that.
Deikura:they are.
Tresville:as a gov official...you have to be aware of the consequences of allowing Invaders into a government....openly mind you. These are groups whose sole purpose is to disrupt regional communities (game wise). That in itself is a constitutional violation.
Deikura:Someone you know to watch is far better than not watching someone you should, but don't know to.
Deikura:As for that, I seriously doubt that either are a part of such a group. Fedele for one has contributed greatly with his commentary. I welcome such activity and sensible vigor.
Tresville:commentary...u mean his usual off topic remarks?
Deikura:The issue was not made by their applications, but the reactions to them. I'm probably more off-topic more frequently.

Tresville:ok...moving on…How would you secure the regional gov...via registered voters? In regards to making the process stricter for security reasons.
Deikura:I believe the process is as strict as it should be. I don't believe we should be accepting every application coming through the door, but every active, contributing mind in the mix is a plus. In this area I would like to say I'm open to suggestion.
Tresville:Are you aware of the Minister of Internal Affairs ability to interview applicants?
Deikura:Yes. I intend to use it frequently.
Tresville:Good to hear.
Deikura:I would like to think myself a fairly good judge of character, and interviews are the perfect venue to put this to use.

Tresville:You can't deny someone by judging their character...I hope you ask some good questions and use some Intel.
Deikura:Of course, but when it comes to people you can't get anything on, you simply have to go with your gut. Had to think about that awhile as well lately.
Tresville:true...just don't go rejecting anyone cause your gut tells ya...its a sure way to get impeached by those that dislike you for whatever reason.
Deikura:It reminds me of the old question: You wake up to find your house on fire, what do you grab before you escape?
Deikura:Not to say I'd base an application on such a question, but how one answers can say a lot about their character.
Tresville:true...my answer...My computer I’d say....oh and my girlfriend of course (had to say that one..lol).
Deikura:My first reaction would be more along the lines of wondering who set it.
Tresville:not the question you asked...but em..ok...lol
Deikura:True, but I'd probably not care and be running for my life before it got to the ammo locker. XD

Tresville:So, recruitment is now in that Ministry...how would you make that addition flourish?
Deikura:I have a few ideas for that actually. To do recruiting, first you have to hire a recruiter. I plan to make recruitment into a sort of sub-ministry under my watch. We should start in-region first, obviously, because there are few people in the forum compared to our regional number.
Tresville:Actually its illegal to recruit outside of the region
Deikura:The biggest thing would to be to put one person, dependable, onto the task, and not bother him or her with much else.
Tresville:That’s a good idea.

Tresville:What about your deputy...will you be specifying what his/her job entails? We have had problems with deputies either not doing anything, not knowing what to do, or doing something he/she shouldn't be doing.
Deikura:Yes. I plan to have my deputy be able to be my direct replacement. I plan to involve my deputy quite thickly into the mix, in case he or she is needed to take over for me. There's no point in my deputy not being able to do everything I can. I intend to make sure that my deputy will be more than able to take over when they feel it is needed.
Tresville:Well..you have to understand that giving a deputy the power to see IP's is not exactly wise...since that is what a MOIA would have as one of his/her Mod powers in that specific forum (RV application thread). I am all for having a deputy step in...but not with that aspect of the job. Their are certain decisions a deputy shouldn't make without a Ministers approval or needed info.

Deikura:I'm aware that deputies have to be limited in such a fashion, but if I am indeed incapacitated, I'm sure that someone available with such power will assist.
Tresville:Yes...that’s actually my point..you have the Admins and GMODS in those cases...ready to help.
Deikura:And if I am indeed incapacitated, my deputy will be informed, as will the admin staff. However, if this is to happen, it is not something I can foresee.
Tresville:True...long as you make sure the deputy and Ministers know what would happen in such a case (in regards to dealing with such an instance) I am sure we could deal properly.
Deikura:In any case, my deputy will be informed enough to properly step in for me in every capacity he or she would be able to.
Tresville:good.

Tresville:ok...quick word game before we wrap this up....I say a word..u say the first thing that comes to mind...k?
Deikura:Sure.
Tresville:Ready...
Deikura:Steady.
Tresville:TNP
Deikura:Blue.
Tresville:NPA
Deikura:Regiment.
Tresville:CPP
Deikura:Green
Tresville:Romanoffia
Deikura:Hawk.
Tresville:Poltsamaa
Deikura:Boar.
Tresville:Moldavi
Tresville:Tresville (Laughs)
Deikura:kunai.
Tresville:Invaders
Deikura:White.
Tresville:white??...never mind...
Tresville:last one...
Tresville:Dragon Ball Z
Deikura:Good... till Goku was revealed to be an alien and not like some magic kid/monkey.

Tresville:Thanks for playing!! and Thanks for the Interview...was fun!
Deikura:Indeed. Anytime you want to interview me, my door is open.
Tresville:next election then
Tresville:Till then..Any words for the citizens?
Deikura:Well, mostly that I'm sincere. I'm not interested in messing around, just want to do my job, best I can.
Tresville:Thanks...I'll let you get back to your Kunai throwing practice..lol
Deikura:Sure. Come over sometime and I'll show you how it's done.

Written by:
Tresville
Prime Minister of The North Pacific

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home