The North Pacific Wire

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Interview with Erastide: Delegate Candidate in The North Pacific

It is a sunny California morning on this end of October day. I am on my way to interview Erastide who is running for Delegate of The North Pacific.

She lives in a quaint house; white picket fence, wind chimes, bird feeders, Dream catchers decorate the yard and awnings of the house. I pause before I get to the door and check my hair, clothes and breathe of course...all well!

I ring the doorbell which plays a tune by Billy Joel.

Erastide answers the door wearing some comfortable clothes and an inviting smile. We share a quick hug and she leads me to the coffee table in her living room where 2 cups of Hot Chocolate are waiting.



__________________________________________________


Tresville: Hi Erastide...Thanks for granting me this interview.
Erastide: Hi Cisco! Happy to be here. :)
Tresville: your an early Bird aintcha? Hot Chocolate brewing this early.
Erastide: Well... I need something to keep me up in the morning. It's not the best time of the day for me.

Tresville: So, was it on a morning like this..with a similar cup of chocolate..where you decided to run for Delegate of The North Pacific?
Erastide: I don't think it was actually the morning, I think it was the afternoon actually. After a fairly long day at school too :P
Tresville: ahh...drinking time...you must have been a lil tipsy to really think about running? (laughs)
Erastide: (giggles) I was still at school, so no drinking. :P

Tresville: So how long have you been in The North Pacific?
Erastide: Umm... that kind of depends on what you mean by that.
Tresville: How about active in the region and in the forum?
Erastide: Well, my first nation, Erastide, was born into TNP in April of 03. I happily answered my issues and made several puppets (FEC being one of them) until about April 04. At that point I somehow discovered there was a map being made (by Thel) and decided to register on the TNP forum. I've never truly been what I'd call active on the TNP forum. I've only amassed a pitiful number of posts. :P
Tresville: Somehow...hmmm...could that have been a TG or post in the RMB by me or Magicality? We were both pretty active in recruiting then.
Erastide: I really don't know. I don't think it was from one of you, but that was just a little bit too long ago for me to really remember.

Tresville: true. So, why now after all this time, why get involved in the politics? So openly I mean...I know you were involved prior to running, just never in the lime light.
Erastide: Because I don't really see Delegate as being a position that's deeply involved in the politics. Under the Constitution, the Delegate is basically supposed to make sure the UN Resolutions get voted on and that the region is kept safe.
Tresville: Yes....I believe that should cut out the majority of grief a feeder delegate gets.
Erastide: One could hope I guess.

Tresville: How active are you in NationStates? Yog in everyday? Most days a week?
Erastide: oh. everyday!
Tresville: Thats a very good thing for a delegate (and regional Gov)
Erastide: Well, I have to be at school, so I just leave my messengers on and check my nation every so often.

Tresville: So will you be staying away from the political issues that arise in the gov?
Erastide: If there's something that I feel strongly about, I will argue it, but if I lose the argument, so be it, but I would argue it as a member of the region regardless if I was delegate.
Tresville: eh...these days its kinda hard to win or lose an argument in TNP...hope you win most.

Tresville: Your opponent in this race is OParsenal...more of a Role Player...how would you differ from him as delegate? In regards to dealing with public scrutiny, communicating with the citizens?
Erastide: I'm not entirely sure.
Tresville: I guess you'll know when you get in huh? (laughs)
Erastide: (shrugs) I guess. :P

Tresville: Have you had much contact with OP?
Erastide: Pretty much, not at all
Tresville: But from your time in s2...you know of him..or just barely?
Erastide: Know of him, but I don't think I've ever talked to him
Tresville: From what you know of him...would he make a better delegate than you?
Erastide: I quite honestly have no idea. I don't have any real reason to doubt his abilities.

Tresville: Since Delegate is a position without power (gov wise), what should we expect from you if elected in terms of activity in the Regional HQ?
Erastide: Well, I'm quite fond of clearing the HQ with talking and such and recently I've seen people trying to do that.
Tresville: As am I...strategy we used many times...so your Anti-Spam I take it?
Erastide: pretty much. I'd like to ask for a 15 line limit on spam like was in place earlier.
Tresville: Yes...good idea!!
Erastide: Asking for endorsements is game-legal, but pretty irritating to most of the residents. Plus, actual talking between residents shows the lurking residents that real, interesting people actually live in the region.

Tresville: So if elected...what is the highest endocount you think you will get, out of a average 800 - 900 UN's in the region?
Erastide: hmm.... I could hope for slightly above half I guess. I'm not entirely sure. My current count is higher than I've ever gotten before. :P
Tresville: oh no...I'm going to have to jump on the Erastide Recruiting wagon if you hover at 450!! (laughs)

Tresville: Last question. I’m sure you have papers to correct and kids to spank..lol...
Erastide: I wouldn't mind having lots of endorsements, it's quite pretty to look at, but I've never been really enamored with getting the most. I may have to compete with Neenee though ^_^
Tresville: Why should Registered Voters vote for you in the election?
Erastide: Because they think I'm capable of fulfilling the delegate's duties and not taking it beyond the assigned scope.
Tresville: Lil more please...
Erastide: what do you mean? :P
Tresville: Perhaps a mention about being active in NS, trustworthy, vet...etc.
Erastide: I'm not sure that anything else I am or have done should be especially meaningful, except to assure people that I will keep to my word.
Tresville: I would think that your help during the Pixiedance Reign (NPD) should be worthy of mention. Your behind the scenes participation and help with your Nations is something. I can tell your humble...but feel free to use some of that!
Erastide: I guess. I tend to do what I feel is right and fair to players. And what I can truly commit time to :P
Tresville: (laughs) Yes...thats why I have always respected your opinion...you don't "PlayBall" for the heck of it..if you get my meaning.
Erastide: uh... no Cisco, that didn't make sense. :P
Tresville: Play ball...its a term used when someone is simply going along with something despite their convictions.
Erastide: oh, hash.. No, I won't do that. I'll argue until I agree or must accept something.
Tresville: Great to hear...well...Thanks for your time, company and the free cup of hot chocolate.
Erastide: Here, you can have some chocolate and a stuffed bunny before you go! :)
Tresville: can I comeback sometime...perhaps later on tonight if your not busy (Winks).
Erastide: Sure, you can come back. I'll be entertaining the PM's from several other regions, I'm sure you boys can find something to talk about. ^_^ LOL
Tresville: great...company...shucks!!
Erastide: I'll expect hugs and snuggles when you come!
Tresville: Thanks...I'll save the snuggles for another day when we are alone (laughs). Have a good day!! See you in the voting booth!!
Erastide: See you!


__________________________________________________





Written by:
Tresville
Prime Minister of The North Pacific

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home